Givers never Lack!
A hearty welcome to you! Thank you for choosing to stay with PPTSL. This has been an amazing journey and I am pleased you have reached the fifth edition! In this edition, we will be learning more about the famous phrase “givers never lack.” We will be finding out if this principle that defeats all logic truly thrives in the body of Christ.
DO GIVERS EVER LACK?
In Acts 20:15 [KJV], the Bible says, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” The word “give” refers to making a present of something, that is, give a doll to a child or put something in the possession of another for his use. God created man to give even though He is the “Ultimate Giver,” the Bible records in Genesis that Adam gave names to all God created. There was giving even when it was all perfect.
And we all know that God gave as well because even before the foundations of the world the Lamb of God was slain for our sake. This was God’s greatest act of love giving us His only begotten son.
A lot of people when I speak to them about giving always ask the same question, “What can I give?” What we do not know is, God has put a lot of things at our disposal for us to give, you alone have the decision of deciding what exactly you would let go. I’ll go ahead to list a few of the things you can give; but before I delve into that completely I would like to remind you of something the Bible says in Proverbs 18:16 [KJV], “A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men” [KJV] In this case your gift does not entirely mean your talent but it means what you have to offer, what you have to give.
In contemporary language, “what you have to give, will make a way for you.” Meaning, your giving will bring you before great men.
- Money: You can always give your money, apart from what is mandated of us to give to the Lord in terms of tithes and offerings you can give your money to help the poor and needy.
- Talent: We all have a talent or gift (as most like to call it) that our Father has endowed us with, all you need to do is locate it and for those who have located theirs already, you can use it to help others. Of course, you can make a lot of money by putting your talent to good use but there are also those that cannot afford the services that your talent provides, you can always be benevolent and help them out.
- Time: You can give your time, especially in the aspect of providing services to others. Once in a while give your time to an elderly person by helping them do the things that they can’t do but need help to be done. You can give your time by checking up on someone else, by giving words of encouragement to others, by taking out time just to be with them and find out how they’re doing. Sometimes just being there is service enough.
- Spiritual gifts: This is one thing that should never be hoarded because God created it to be used for one another. No matter what your gift is it can be beneficial to others, don’t hoard it!
- Mineral Resources.
- Processed goods.
- Intellectual properties.
One thing I would like to point out however is that, unknowingly when we give we buy goodwill for ourselves. Although this is not the point for giving it is however something I have noticed in my years and years of being a giver. The process of life continues and it includes, sowing and reaping, seed and harvest, giving and receiving just as the Lord said.
Another thing worthy of note is that “You are a gift to your world, and no one has ever become prominent by receiving except by giving.” John 3:16 [KJV] “For God so loved the world that HE GAVE his only begotten son, that we should not perish but have everlasting life.” Our Father showed us His love by giving his most priced and precious gift to us.
The best economy is rated by what it gives. A man that gives attracts attention, respect and honor. Always consider first what to give everywhere before thinking of what to receive, this where your prosperity lies. The hand that gives is always up.
- Look around for what you can give and how you can be a blessing to others.
For prayers and counselling kindly contact us on;
08089623961 or 08144625579.